Are you aware of the fact that you are harboring many chemicals in your home that are labeled dangerous if not used carefully? Household chemicals come in many forms and are deemed even more dangerous when mixed with certain products. Every home needs to follow the very crucial rule of keeping all household chemicals out of reach of children. There have been incidents of kids getting their hands in these chemicals and resulting in a horrible accident. Here are some of the household chemicals found in every home that needs to be used with extreme caution:
Although air fresheners contain very few dangerous chemicals, it still contains formaldehyde which is known to cause cancer and irritate the lungs as well. They are also highly flammable and can cause extreme irritation to the eyes, lungs, and skin if not used according to the instructions.
Always use ammonia only while wearing protective gloves. Any skin that comes in with direct contact with ammonia will get severe chemical burns. It also has the ability to irritate the lungs as well as the mucous membranes. Ammonia and bleach mixed together form a very dangerous gas called chloramine which can be fatal to the people around it. You need to be extremely cautious while handling chemicals like ammonia.
The chemical triclosan that is found in antibacterial cleaners is easily absorbed by the skin. It causes liver damage and even promotes the growth of drug resistant bacteria.
This is considered one of the most dangerous household chemical found in every home over the country. This is extremely poisonous if taken internally. It can cause brain damage, organ damage and other serious damage if ingested. Unfortunately, animals and kids have been observed to be attracted to antifreeze due to the presence of ethylene glycol in it. Make sure you keep it far out of reach to avoid any mishaps in your home.
This contains sodium hypochlorite which causes serious respiratory damage when inhaled. It also causes irritation to the skin. When bleach is combined with other household chemicals like ammonia, it can lead to the formation of a poisonous gas which can even result in death if proper precautions are not taken.
This innocent looking household cleaner consists of two chemicals that are deemed harmful to your health. One is extremely carcinogenic and the other causes extreme irritation to the skin eyes and lungs.
The petroleum distillates fund in car polish causes fluid to fill up in the lungs as well as pulmonary edema. It has also been observed to cause cancer of the skin and lungs.
Drain cleaners are extremely useful in keeping your drains clog free, hover they consist of sodium hydroxide, HCL and sulfuric acid which can be extremely dangerous if mishandles. The cause serious chemical burns, or blinds you or even cause death if not used and stored properly.
The phenol and nitrobenzene found in furniture polish are often seen to observe lung and skin cancer. These chemicals are also highly flammable and need to be stored with extreme caution.